Saturday, July 05, 2008

Cabaret At Stratford + Writing Contests

I'm busy, busy on a couple of projects, so I haven't had time to post, but I have to rave about the current production of Cabaret being staged at Stratford. The cast received a well-deserved standing ovation. Forget the movie - it's been ages since you've seen it, anyway. Go see Cabaret.

And sit in front.

The second item on the old agenda is about contests. I've long subscribed to a wonderful FREE service called Creative Writers' Opportunity List or CRWROPPS. I don't know how they do it, but they manage to list just about every contest out there. I just put the URL for that on our News & Notes page.

Bookmark the site and check it a couple of times a month or sign up for e-mail notifications. Just make sure you create an e-mail filter or two so those e-mails go into a folder other than your inbox.

I've paid for other notification services and, frankly, I think this one is the best in terms of keeping you informed about contests.

For Canadian contests, mark your calendar to get a copy of The Canadian Writers' Contest Calendar when the 2009 edition is printed.

No comments: